Duet Weddings

Something Borrowed, Something Blue

Lark Cake Shop!
September 5, 2007


I am always excited when cute new places move into the 'hood- so when the adorable Lark Cake Shop opened its doors I couldn't wait to do some "research." ("Research" is a great way to justify buying and eating loads of desserts. I highly recommend everyone do it!) The first time I went (day 3 of business) must have been the same day the entire population of Silverlake also went, because there were only a few cupcakes left when I got there. The friendly staff was eager to share their mini one bite sample cupcakes with me though, so I was able to sample a few different flavors relatively guilt free and what I tasted was oh-so-yummy. Their cakes (I picked up a few slices) were also good, and very pretty. (As of right now- Lark does not do wedding cakes, but I have hopes that their future plans do include this!)
I went back after some time had passed for more cupcake research and was pleasantly surprised to see new treats and cupcake flavors- salted caramel cupcakes (mmm) and nutmeg cupcakes were new to the menu in addition to the classic standards- red velvet, black and white, vanilla, chocolate mousse..
At under 2 bucks a cupcake- I think these perfectly sized treats would make for awesome favors for weddings or in place of a wedding cake. They look beautiful too- very shiny, bubbly peaks adorned with sparkly crystal sugar and other fun toppings.
Go check it out! {Located at 3337 Sunset Blvd just east of Micheltorena in Silverlake.}

1 comments

1 Comments:

I love the salted caramel cupcake. Just reading about it makes me want to go back and get another one ... right now!

By Blogger christine, at September 12, 2007 at 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment



Photo of placecards

Congratulations
You have just experienced one of the most incredible events of your life. The person who you love most in the world has popped the question and you have answered 'yes!' The whirlwind of the wedding planning world has now opened- questions and excitement from friends and family, your childhood wedding dreams re-visited, wedding magazines taunting you from the shelves of the check out lanes. You are finding yourself with a new language. A vocabulary full of words such as Fiancé, Chivari chairs, fondant--words you had no idea that you knew and now they seem to run off your tongue effortlessly.

I know how fast everything seems and how overwhelming it all can feel at first, so I created this blog to help answer questions, give advice and inspire new ideas.

Something Old
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
August 2009
October 2009
July 2011