Duet Weddings

Something Borrowed, Something Blue

Happy birthday Chester!
April 14, 2008


On Saturday, my sweet little guy turned 15 years old. You read that right, 1-5! I cannot believe it has really been 15 years. (I got him when he was a tiny 9 weeks old..) He has seen me through all of my big life moments- including my wedding day (pictured above) and is the love of my life. I know I hardly ever blog the personal stuff on here, but considering so many of my clients and readers know and love Chester, I just had to share. :) (And 15 is quite a remarkable birthday for our little guy!) We feel so lucky to still have him in our lives.
While this was a wonderful occasion, I could not have been more thrilled than to be in Santa Barbara for Melissa and Ben's absolutely incredible wedding day- a day I have been looking forward to for the longest time. The wedding day was pure magic- so full of joy and love, perfect SB weather and a most wonderful couple. I can't wait to blog the pro pics soon and share all about it. :)
Dave was so sweet to send this picture from his phone for me to enjoy while I was away.



I was delighted when I got home to find more on our camera, including these gems..


And in the spirit of revealing more of our crazy dog people ways (if the party hat, banner and balloons didn't already scare you enough..) I should also mention that Chester had messages on our machine (left for him,) and his own mail in the mailbox!
He is one loved puggy.
And just for kicks, I dug through some old photos to find this funny blast in the past- Chester as a puppy! (Try to contain yourself when you see me in all of my 6th grade hotness..haha..)


8 comments

8 Comments:

I think Chester in the party hat is one of the best things I've ever seen! I can't wait for him to meet Monty... Happy B-day Chester Bear!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 14, 2008 at 10:57 PM  

happy birthday, chester! adooore this post, rebecca. xoxo

By Blogger Angel @ loveandsplendor.com/blog, at April 15, 2008 at 7:52 AM  

I can't believe he is 15! He is still such a puppy in my mind :) I love the sixth grade pic - it reminds me of me, you, and Chester all in a twin bed :) Hug the little guy for me!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 15, 2008 at 8:17 AM  

Happy Birthday Chester!!
He looks like he has lived a very fulfilling life. Does that make him 105 in people years? He does not look a day over 80 ;) What a sweetie
Happy Birthday Chester!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 15, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

What a fabulous looking party! I'm with you, Miki, that party hat picture may be the best thing ever. Happy belated birthday, little guy!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 17, 2008 at 12:45 AM  

Zeus' birthday is in 5 days! He is definitely jealous of Sir Chester. Perhaps a party is in order. By the way, on a personal note, I love, love, love the 6th grade pic. XO

By Blogger Ali and Evan, at April 18, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

chester is so darn cute! I love that shot of him peaking around the groomsmen's legs.. Happy B-day ! yay

jose villa

By Blogger Jose Villa, at May 1, 2008 at 3:19 PM  

Happy Birthday Chester! I can't wait for indie and chester to meet. Thanks again for everything on our wedding day -- as soon as we come back from Washington DC, I'd love to catch up. Take Care, Melissa and Ben.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 5, 2008 at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment



Photo of placecards

Congratulations
You have just experienced one of the most incredible events of your life. The person who you love most in the world has popped the question and you have answered 'yes!' The whirlwind of the wedding planning world has now opened- questions and excitement from friends and family, your childhood wedding dreams re-visited, wedding magazines taunting you from the shelves of the check out lanes. You are finding yourself with a new language. A vocabulary full of words such as Fiancé, Chivari chairs, fondant--words you had no idea that you knew and now they seem to run off your tongue effortlessly.

I know how fast everything seems and how overwhelming it all can feel at first, so I created this blog to help answer questions, give advice and inspire new ideas.

Something Old
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
August 2009
October 2009
July 2011