Duet Weddings

Something Borrowed, Something Blue

Cristin's baby shower!
June 26, 2008

Cristin, read no further!
Since I just posted about my gocco adventure, I wanted to show off the finished product which I am super excited about.
Coming up with the design was a long process but totally worth it.
I had a case of mailing boxes leftover from a previous project that I knew I wanted to use for the invites. That was my starting point. I wasn't sure what I would put in the boxes, or what the design of the invite would be so I scoured baby stores on the internet for days to see if I could find any motifs or baby items that jumped out at me. By Sunday night, I was exhausted and had nothing, so I decided to take a trip to the drug store to look at the baby aisle. I was actually going in hopes of finding diaper pins and then design my invites somehow around those. No diaper pins at the drug store, but instead I found the cutest packs of white onesies. Then all at once, the entire invitation came to me and I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I purchased all of the onesies they had and headed home to get started. The design process is so funny this way. It is not one that can be forced or rushed. Inspiration is all around, sometimes you just need to get out to find it.
Since Cristin does not know if her little one will be a boy or girl, I went for neutral tones (which also happen to be similar to those she is using in her nursery.) Butter yellow and sage green are such soft, calming colors and they worked well with the kraft boxes I had. I figured the onesie could be the invitation itself, though I figured it would be cuter if in fact the onesie could actually be used by the mommy-to-be. I purchased a fun font from My Fonts (love this site!) and let that carry the design. Of course the little "clothesline" added some extra sweetness, and at the shower there will be a life size one with baby clothes hanging.
I hope she loves them. :)






4 comments

4 Comments:

the finished product is fabulous!!! congrats on an amazing job; i know cristin will cherish them.

By Blogger Angel @ loveandsplendor.com/blog, at June 26, 2008 at 1:37 AM  

What a great idea! You are so freakin' talented. These are beautiful and the lovely mom-to-be is lucky to call you a friend. XO

By Blogger Ali and Evan, at June 29, 2008 at 4:46 PM  

So cute!

Small favor, could you add an rss feed to your blog?!

By Blogger rebekah, at July 1, 2008 at 6:42 AM  

Wow! Those rock! I love the onsies

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 1, 2008 at 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment



Photo of placecards

Congratulations
You have just experienced one of the most incredible events of your life. The person who you love most in the world has popped the question and you have answered 'yes!' The whirlwind of the wedding planning world has now opened- questions and excitement from friends and family, your childhood wedding dreams re-visited, wedding magazines taunting you from the shelves of the check out lanes. You are finding yourself with a new language. A vocabulary full of words such as Fiancé, Chivari chairs, fondant--words you had no idea that you knew and now they seem to run off your tongue effortlessly.

I know how fast everything seems and how overwhelming it all can feel at first, so I created this blog to help answer questions, give advice and inspire new ideas.

Something Old
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
August 2009
October 2009
July 2011